Scarf or accessory organizer DIY
The two Cocos Palm trees growing in our garden next to the swimming pool are definitely my husband’s pet hate. First the small greenish flowers clog the swimming pool weir, then the seeds follow and eventually the big dry seedpods fall from the tree. I found one of the seed pods before he could throw it away and with his assistance this is what it became.
Something found, from the palm tree
Something round, bought in a shop in Clarens
How it happened.
- Clean the seedpod and let it dry well in the sun.
- Test the strength of the seedpod by drilling an experimental hole in the corner.
- Measure the length of the seedpod and determine the position of the doorknobs
- Cut or saw the seedpod to the desired length.
- Drill four holes, big enough to fasten the doorknobs equal distances from one another.
- Fasten the doorknobs leaving enough of the screw to ensure there is hanging space between the knob and the pod surface.
- Attach to the wall and add scarves or accessories .
The end product: Something new.